Monday, February 15, 2016

2016 - Day 46/320 - Monday...

I just want you to see my nemesis on this trip. My enemy. I have been on three or four cruises (of the giant ship variety) and have always wanted to go on the water slides. So far I have not worked up the courage (or given in to the humiliation of doing so) to walk up the steps to the slide. I imagine getting myself stuck mid-way down the slide and needing the fire brigade to come and rescue me, all the while having elementary school kids and tweens shouting obscenities at me as I am lowered to the deck via a system of ropes-and-pulleys designed to relieve responsibility from the staff. And, by the way, I wonder if I would need to sign a waiver before going up the steps. Whatever. Maybe tomorrow.

During this cruise-thing, parts of my day are having to be accomplished in a Bass-Ackwards style. Generally it is dinner then journal but during this trip it is journal first, then dinner because I am not seated for dinner until 8:15, which is a totally unreasonable hour to eat dinner for someone of such as advanced age as myself. I understand that there is a certain 'cosmopolitan' aura to dining late in the day (or evening), but I am on a totally different schedule as the dining rooms on this tug. I am usually in bed by 8, asleep (easily) by 10 and up and at 'em really early. Whatever. Again.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SLIDES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment