Saturday, June 3, 2017

2017 - Day 154/211 - Saturday...

Jody and I spent HOURS watering the new beds this morning, and then this afternoon, the skies opened and we got 1.46" of rain. That's okay, everything has been watered sufficiently for a while. We were coming back from lunch in Georgetown, and people were pulling off the road because the rain was so heavy. You could not see in front of you. Less than 30 miles per hour on the Interstate. I was driving with the flashers on, not that anyone could see them. Cars were pulled over under bridges; anything that could cover them. It was pretty intense for a while. We made it home, and the power had gone off briefly, and the alarm system was beeping. The refrigerator in the garage was off, and the GFCI needed to be reset. When the power flashed off, the turbines quit and they needed to be reset. But the morning gave me time to investigate outside, and it was nice to see the gardenia blooming, even though I think it is a little late for gardenias. Things are looking nice, and we are both happy with the transformation of the beds and the overall landscaping. After the storms I went out to check meters and gather eggs. I had just moved the new chicks from inside the front barn to the new chicken run this morning, and this afternoon, I was out there making sure they were okay and giving them some more food and fresh water. The Blue Andalusian escaped again (it escaped inside the barn the other day and I recaptured it), but this time there was catching it. When last seen it was under the barn, so it is on its own. I am pretty much writing this one off, although it may surprise me (but I doubt it). Blue Andalusians are pretty rare, so I guess it was just not meant to be. Otherwise, things are good out on the edge of nowhere. I am the luckiest man in the world! Deeds, Actions, Changes, STORMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment