Sunday, June 11, 2017

2017 - Day 162/203 - Sunday...

Here is something you do not think about or hear about or (preferably not) visualize on a very frequent basis. Jody and I BOTH got into the pool this afternoon. Yep, bofus! It was great. I have to admit it was a little bit chilly when I first got in, but that went away after about 15 seconds. Jody got himself in the pool much more gradually, kind of like the way I did it the first time this year. This could become habit forming. Even though (in my own mind) I work really hard around the house on the weekends, I am hoping that we will both take some time to enjoy the pool this year. Over the past couple days I got almost everything on my to do list done. The only things I did not accomplish was to vacuum the house (the housekeeper comes tomorrow so screw it), and I did not drive fence posts into a couple spots where we have auxiliary water valves and shut-offs to water spigots in the back pastures. I want to get those places better marked so, when the hay gets mowed, they will not run over those valves. But otherwise I am pretty happy with all that was accomplished this weekend. Jody helped me this morning on my chore to move the chicks from the 'grown up girl pen' to a pen of their own so they can start to scratch and peck. Everything went really well until I was out there this evening and discovered one of the younger chicks had escaped. He/she was not that thrilled about it, and was much easier to corral than the Blue chick. Anyway, remedial actions have been taken to better secure their pen, and if one gets loose again, I will just have to deal with it. This is nature, and nature is as nature does. Deeds, Actions, Changes, POOL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment