Saturday, June 17, 2017

2017 - Day 168/197 - Saturday...

I had a variety of possible photos for the journal entry tonight; apple, rat snake, opossum. I am going with the snake pic. If I should die in my sleep tonight, direct the coroner to the snake bite marks on my left hand. I was walking out the door from the garage to the house this afternoon, and there was a big-ass snake slithering past. He was not in any hurry, and he was not moving too fast until I went after him/her/it. I have never been on the receiving end of a snake bite before, and it kind of took my by surprise. I have dealt with rat snakes before, but this was the first time I went in bare-handed. They have little teeny-tiny (but really sharp) teeth. He/she/it got me a couple times times on my left hand, but then I was victorious, accompanied by a pair of grass trimmers. I opened the door and called for Mike to come out to the garage, and he was kind of surprised too, that I was wanting him to take the photo of me, the snake and my bloody hand. After the photo session, the snake was last seen airborne into the tall grass of the pasture. No sense killing a rat snake just because it used poor judgement. Afterwards, I checked with the Googles to see if I was going to die from a rat snake bite. The Googles said to just clean it well, not to put oxygen peroxide on it (too late), and that rat snakes put out a musky odor when they are scared. Yes, they do, they do indeed. So that is what that stink was that I could not find but could not get away from either. It was on me! And when you look at the pic, see if you can see the blood on my left hand.
Anyway, it was an interesting day, more tomorrow. Maybe. Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNAKES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment