Tuesday, June 20, 2017

2017 - Day 171/194 - Tuesday...

I have spent most of the day thinking it was already Wednesday, but I am happy to know that I have just gained a whole day! Woo-Hoo. I got our friend Mike off to the airport this morning, then headed for work. Another day of over-scheduling, although almost everything worked out alright. I got in some office time, then had a meeting at 10 a.m. That meeting was supposed to last until 2, and I had meetings scheduled for 2 and 3. The 10 o'clock ended early (we worked VERY HARD during that time, so I got to have lunch and go back to the office to get more stuff done. Then I went to the other two meetings, and headed home about 5 p.m. I am now a part-time waterer. I would be a full time waterer, but I cannot afford myself. I am getting the routine of watering plants down to a science. Sometimes I feel like Charlie Chaplin in Modern Times, thinking of how Mike and I put our engineering degrees from MIT to se stringing soaker hoses from one end of this county to another. But water we have, and it is almost down to the science that we intended it to be. AND...Barney the cat decided he/she/it would accompany me this evening, thinking that the hose was some giant slow moving snake that he/she should monitor with great attention just in case he/she could pounce and come to my rescue. Barney is getting more and more used to seeing me and Joel, and that is a good thing. I think tomorrow is the first full day of summer. Joy. Deeds, Actions, Changes, DEAD OPOSSUMS (But that's another story), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment