Saturday, April 28, 2018

2018 - Day 118/247 - Saturday...1668...

By the end of the season, the big century plants will be goners. They are both getting ready to bloom, and I guess I need to decide if I will continue with nurturing their pups, or if I will get rid of them all together. The original plants came from my mother's house in Cedar Park after she died, and they were a pain in the butt to dig up, transport and move. Since then (I guess about a decade ago almost), they have produced lots of pups, and we have transplanted some of them, given some of them away, and just let to winters take their toll on some of them. There does not seem to be any lack of century plants around the place, and maybe I will keep three or four of them, just put them in more (kind of) out of the way places. We shall see.

Otherwise, it was a great weekend day. Lovely weather, I planted a few things, dug up three great big rosemary bushes and transplanted them, cut some grass up by the road (what was left over from last week), and some this and that stuff.

All-in-all, it was a pretty great day if I do say so myself. I either had a shovel or a hose in my hand for a good part of the day, so I have taken a liking to that, and that makes me happy.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CENTURIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment