Friday, May 11, 2018

2018 - Day 131/234 - Friday...1642...

Let's hear it for Friday, everyone! What is better than a Friday? Well, probably two Friday's from now when it will be a three-day-weekend! That will be really good. I was out watering trees this evening when I got home from work (the pear tree we just planted is a water-sucking-up machine), and I noticed the pear tree we planted last year is doing very nicely with its' fruit. I was reading in our latest Grit Magazine (thank you Caroline) about the need to (or at least their advice to) prune some of the fruit off the trees so the limbs don't break because the fruit is too heave for the immature bombs. Another reason is that if you prune the fruit, the remaining fruit will be larger and sweeter. Well, I know I should do it, but I am not going to do it. They mentioned that in the article as well, but I am too stubborn to go out there and sacrifice a pear or a peach or a plum. So far this year, the apples have not shown any inclination to bear fruit, maybe they will just be late this year.

Regardless, I will keep you up to date on any future harvests.

The century plants out in the circle are starting to show their blooms as well. I hope those blooms will last a while. Tomorrow is going to be a pretty full day of planting and grass cutting and watering.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PEARS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment