Sunday, May 20, 2018

2018 - Day 140/225 - Sunday...1642...

A new calf and a good rain are always welcome in Texas. It looks like this, then, was a pretty good day. I started watering things this morning after breakfast, and before I got too far along, Jody wanted to take the girl dogs for a ride. That was a good ride. Things are all back to normal on the edge of nowhere. When we got back, I started watering some more, and Jody said he needed to go to the grocery to get some things, and I went along with him. Before we got there, it started to rain, and by the time we got home, we had about 5/100". That was pretty good, and it was spritzing off and on, so I decided to retire to the blue chair and take a nap. While I was napping, it rained some more, and we are about 0.85" as I write this, and that meant I could cease any notions of more watering. Nothing like a nice little steady raid.

While I was out checking the gauge, I noticed a new born calf in the neighbors pasture. I took a couple photos and texted them to the neighbor. Looks like less than a day old, still a little wobbly. I counted all the chickens too, 16, so that means we did not lose any while I was out of town.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN/CALF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment