Friday, May 18, 2018

2018 - Day 138/227 - Friday...Who Knows...

I am usually excited with Friday's, but today is a little different. Even though I am happy that it is Friday, I will not be able to really take advantage of the weekend for about another 24 hours. I am still in Washington, D.C., and had a great day today, and there were many high points of the day. First off, I got to sleep in again this morning, until about 6:30. Got up, did all my morning things and had a nice breakfast. I made several phone calls (business can be done from just about anywhere), and then it was off to the Pentagon for a private guided tour. There were about seven of us invited, and I learned a LOT about the Pentagon and all its' intricacies. There are 17.5 miles of hallways in the building, and I feel like we walked most of them. Very interesting. Our guide was a Navy Captain with thirty years of service, and a very nice guy. Security (once again) was tight, and this excursion was much more fun that the White House Briefing yesterday.

There were restrictions (of course) on cell phone use, but as is typical, some rules are just begging to be broken. We had to go through one security point and get a badge to get to the next security point and get another badge. This is a photo of me and the second badge that got us access to the places we visited. Interestingly, our guide let us know that the typical visitor is not a citizen. Foreign visitors are much more common, which is pretty interesting. Maybe we need to do more to promote this.

After that, we returned to our hotels, and then attended Regional Caucuses. After caucuses, we (a group of us) rendezvoused for dinner and camaraderie. Our group consisted of colleagues and spouses from four different boards and two different states, and we all had a great time.

It is late, time for me to turn in for the night.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRIDAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment