Tuesday, November 6, 2018

2018 - Day 310/55 - Tuesday...1622...Election Day...

Well...today is election day. Not particularly the day of all things nature. NATURE not NATURAL. Today ended up being a day about nature, so bear with me. Not the natural kind of bear, the tolerance kind of bear.

Last night as I was driving home, in the 'home stretch' as it were, I saw a wake (group feeding) of buzzards (look it up). The deceased was (past tense) a coyote. It did not look as if the coyote had been hit by a speeding vehicle or shot (by a speeding passer-by), but for sure it was not alive. On my way in to the office this morning, I stopped and took a photo of the deceased, just for the record. As a got a little closer to the Interstate (close to where the llama lives) this (see photo) young buck was caught (back leg) in a barbed wire fence. I backed up, rolled down my window, and spoke reassuringly to him. I got out of the car, still speaking with a kind demeanor, assuring him that I meant no harm and that I would try my best to help him.

We were both freaking out, I think.

I got a couple rags from the back of the car, approached (still freaking) and the buck was freaking and trying to yank himself loose. I got close enough that I could wrap the barbed wire in the rags, and stretched the wire apart enough (from a satisfactory distance) that the buck extracted his hoof and ran off. Good for him.

The whole time, I was thinking of my friend Wayne in West Texas. I expect he will give me shit about not taking a different tack, but I am me and he is him!

Last thing. When I got home this afternoon, Jody told me there was a dead chicken in the coop.

It was a nature kind of day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NATURE (NOT NURTURE), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment