Friday, November 23, 2018

2018 - Day 327/38 - Friday...1600...

Well, after I got the truck stuck in the mud in one of the pastures, the odds were 50/50 (really more likely 70/30) that I would get the tractor stuck as well while I was trying to drag the truck out. It was close, but I actually got the truck unstuck without getting the tractor stuck, so I am pretty proud of myself for accomplishing that. I am not always smarter than chickens or cattle, and I am usually not smarter than mud, but today was an exceptional day for critical thinking on my part. AND, I accomplished all those things all by myself. No help getting the truck stuck, no help getting it unstuck.

BRAVO!

The day started with no newspaper. This has been a more frequent challenge lately. The newspaper office is certainly no help. They said we would have our newspaper by 9a.m., but they lied. We were planning to go in to Taylor to get molasses buckets and stuff like that, so I decided we would pick up a paper. I stopped at CVS to get a paper, and it was $4. Holy Crap! $4 for the paper? We went on to Taylor Feed, and Jody said we needed to take the paper back because it was yesterdays paper. I had not even paid attention. We stopped three or four more places (Jody was becoming frustrated but I was on a mission), and we finally for a newspaper at HEB, todays paper, $2. I think $2 is a bit outrageous as well, but it is what it is.

Stopped at Tractor Supply as well, and among other things, I got a pair of lovely house slippers for $10. I think I may go back and get another pair. Warm, soft and perfect for things like putting the chickens to bed.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUCK TRUCK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment