Tuesday, November 27, 2018

2018 - Day 331/34 - Tuesday...What?

He has been on a to of flights, to a lot of cold places. He has been on commercial prop planes, commercial prop jets, float planes, helicopters, big jets, little jets, hot air balloons, and probably three or four more types of commercial aircraft that I cannot remember, and I cannot recall EVER having a plane de-iced while I was on it. Have flown in to Boston in the famous winter of 1974, and I was on the last commercial flight landing in New York City three or four years ago, when they closed the airport after we landed. NEVER had a plane de-iced while I was on it. Today, they de-iced the plane when we were leaving AUSTIN for god's sake. And then when we left Detroit, we taxi'd out onto the runway (almost) where we were second in line for de-icing. Interesting. This is what it looks like from the inside (and across the aisle) when the plane is being de-iced on the outside.

I made it to Minneapolis this afternoon, via Detroit. It was kind of an interesting feeling. The Detroit airport is probably 20 miles or so (I will check with the Googles later and report back tomorrow)from where I grew up. This is the closest I have been from that area in the last two decades, at least. I would really like a five or six hour layover just so I could rent a car (or Uber) to go see a couple of the houses I lives in as a kid. Most likely, just another fantasy.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COLD PLACES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment