Monday, November 12, 2018

2018 - Day 316/49 - Monday...161?...

The second opinion chimney repair guy made it to the house this afternoon, and he sent me this photo of the crap he got out of the chimney flue. Remember, we had the chimney cleaned in late June, and based on that guys report, we wanted to get a second opinion. I probably waited too long to try and find someone to give us the second opinion, but I think everything worked out the best way it could. We really like the company and we really like the values and the integrity of the folks that performed this re-evaluation. We can rest easy that we will not burn the house down if we use the stove, and Jody reports that he has a nice fire going as I write this.

I am still in Houston, finished the first day of class (last day tomorrow), and I pretty much had a BLAST today with these Houston colleagues. The best part of this (in my opinion) is getting messages across to my colleagues without it being painful for them, or having it be a chore for them. The greatest compliment I can get while guiding a class, is 'the day is going by quickly'. That makes my heart sing! I like that! And not only does the time go by quickly, but all of the participants (including me) are taking away valuable information from the classes. We are ALL learning something. Just because I am standing in front of the room does not mean I should not be open to learning something. I am happy to learn, thank you very much!

Otherwise, I was able to guide the class AND keep up with my business by long distance. Multi tasking has nothing on me. I may not be a tech-wizard, but when I get something, you can consider it got.

Okay, I am done, time to watch Antiques Roadshow. More maƱana.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRAP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment