Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day Eighty Eight...

Well, this day is certainly starting out nicely. When I got up, the nuclear weather station reported 41 degrees, which really means it is probably about 37-38 degrees outside. And the wind seems to have settled down nicely, too. The sun is now shining brightly, and it looks like all is well in this little piece of paradise. I will most likely make my famous 'egg-loaf' for breakfast, and get some more boxes moved from the garage. It would be really nice it we could get both cars in the garage again.

Miracle of Miracles, the garage has been denuded of packing and moving boxes, and two cars fit inside it very nicely, for the first time in about six or eight weeks. I am truly thinking this is a major accomplishment. We had everything out of the garage by about 11:30 AM and a couple friends of ours came over to borrow the trailer to move some new purchases, and when they left with the trailer, we got in Jody's SUV and headed for the recycling center in Austin and to the Salvation Army in Round Rock. We could pretty much have furnished a one bedroom apartment and clothed the occupants with all the stuff we have passed on to others. BUT, I am still very impressed that we got everything done and that part is over. Is it just me, but I think as long as you have packing boxes that need to be attended to, you just cannot feel as if you are settled into you home. What do you think?

More signs of spring. It is a beautiful day here today, the sun is shining and the birds are singing and the black cat is outside stalking field mice. What could be better? Even the QUEEN CAT went outside onto the patio for a few minutes this afternoon. I got in the pool for about five minutes, and decided that the pain in my toes was from the shock beginning there (and probably working its way up) so I got out and just lay in the sun for about a half-hour. Lovely!

We are headed out for catfish for dinner tonight, and I have a Professional Standards hearing to chair tomorrow morning. So, it will be an early night, BUT because I am headed straight for the Board tomorrow (and hopefully there is no chance for rain to cause the crazies to get on the road) I should be able to leave a little bit later in the morning.

So, go and find a worthwhile act of kindness that you can bestow on someone, and just see how you like it. I think you will, and I know the bestowee will be thrilled that you were so kind.

Post Script: This is for my friend Melody in Connecticut...This post is being entered at about 4:15 PM-CDST (which would make it about 2:15 PM PDST, which is where I think Facebook Gods are in residence). Love you, and good luck to Brian!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment