Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day Eighty Seven...

Okay, this is crazy. I got up this morning and the nuclear clock/weather station reports it to be 38 degrees outside, which means that in reality it is about 34 degrees, and we are officially in spring in Texas, therefore it is supposed to be AT LEAST in the 40's. It is supposed to be cold again tonight, and that should do it for the season. I feel really badly for those folks up around Fargo, and I hope all the hard work they have done for the past week will pay off. I cannot imagine what is going on in their minds as they watch the rivers continuing to rise around their homes. It is just another reminder to me that I am a very lucky person, and I have many blessings to be thankful for.

I am however, still coughing and hacking like a really sick person, and I cannot really tell that I am making any progress at all towards recovery. It is like I have hit a plateau and progress has come to a halt. I have been able to sleep most of the night lately, and have pretty much quit waking up in the middle of the night in a hacking frenzy, so I guess that is some measure of progress.

Ahhh, the weekend. I hope to just pretty much take it easy for the next couple days. I will be moving the cattle to the other pasture, and probably open some boxes in the garage, but otherwise, that will be about the extent of my exertion. I will work some on my Power Point for Wednesday and get it wrapped up, and do another couple modules of my defensive driving class on-line, but that is it. Hmmm, my weekend seems to be filling up pretty quickly!

Well, nothing was done about my defensive driving class on-line, but we did get an incredible number of boxes opened and emptied, INCLUDING ten wardrobe boxes. We even took a bunch of boxes and paper to the recycling center in Austin, stopped by the office, and then took a box of stuff to TOP DRAWER, a charitable re-sale shop. We will have to make another trip to the recycler tomorrow, AND we are taking lots of clothes that we no longer wear (or can no longer wear) to the Salvation Army in Round Rock.

We stopped at Dale's Essenhaus in Walburg for lunch this afternoon, home of the Walburger. We had never been there before, but it was great, HUGE portion of burger with all the trimmings and Jody had a Patty Melt which was basically the same burger on Rye bread. Very good, and the onion rings were not too bad either. Good service, we were there late, about 2:30 PM, and it was not busy, but there was a constant coming and going of customers.

So, I am about to call it quits for the day. I found out there are new episodes of Trick My Truck AND My Big Fat Red Neck Wedding on (back-to-back) on Country Music Television tonight, starting at 9 (8 Central Time), so you know where I will be in just a few minutes!

Okay, so, I think you could all probably do some spring cleaning in your closets, and it would be a good thing for you take those gently used items to your nearest charitable thrift shop for recycling. You know you don't wear some of those things any more anyway, so go ahead and do it. AND, that will just make it easier when you go out to buy a new outfit the next time. It won't get all wrinkly because there is no room in your closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment