Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day Seventy Seven...

This is just one more reason that I am glad I always have a camera (or two) with me when I am driving around. For one thing, you just never know what you will see, and I think this is a good example. I really never expected to see a man riding a longhorn bull waiting to cross the street at Barton Springs Road and Bouldin Avenue at 10:30 AM on a Wednesday. Notice how patiently he is waiting for the signal to change. That is something more likely to be witnessed after a few cocktails, you know, more likely to be seen around happy hour. And then too, usually a couple hours into the happy hour at that. One thing you really need to remember, this is Texas, and we will have no talk of little pink elephants!

But NO...there they were for all to see. As it turned out, they were there for some city promotion about energy conservation and some kind of promotion about the Smart-Car you see in this photo. Not nearly as interesting as even the most boring/least entertaining story I could have made up. The mind boggles!

I did not sleep worth a freakin' flip last night. I took some of the cough medicine that the Doctor prescribed for me (Cherry Tussin (sp?) with Codeine) and thought that would put me out, but no way Jose, all I did was cough, cough, cough! I even went the tried and true fail safe route, and got up and went to my big fat La-Z-Boy chair in the den, and I still could not sleep for the coughing spasms. Overall, I am really feeling much better, but I know also that I tried to get too much done today, and I could really feel it by the time I left the office. I am really looking forward to getting a good nights sleep tonight, and I have everything planned out...so if there is no post tomorrow, well...

And today was a busy day at work...two closings (yippee-skippee) and two meetings, and getting things caught up from being out for two days. All is going well, and I am a really lucky person to have good and competent people covering for me when I am out. When I got home, Jody and I went out to the pasture and fed the cattle, and they were very happy to see us. They love the extra feed they get twice a week, and I am happy to give it to them. I think you need to treat your pets really well, and they are just like big Chihuahuas to me!

Tomorrow will be another early day, I have another round of the Leadership Training at the Board, and that will be all day. I always want to arrive for those at least a half-hour early, AND I need to go to the bank on the way (actually the bank is past the Board, so I have to go to the bank and then back-track to the Board). So, I do not want to have any concerns with being late for these classes, so I do as I always do...over-compensate!

I got an e-mail this afternoon from the Director (David) of the Hill Country Ride for AIDS which I am participating in towards the end of April. They are going to have a training ride out in this area on Saturday morning, and I am threatening to participate in that. It will be a lot of fun, I love riding my bike! I will let you know if I survive that as well!

Okay, I think you should go and have yourself a hot fudge sundae, and I also think you should invite a close (or not so close) friend to join you. Hot fudge sundaes all around. I think that is a great idea! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment