Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day Sixty Seven...

More indications that spring is near, even though the low temperatures are supposed to be in the mid-to-upper 30's for a couple days this week. Jody and I were minding our own business this morning, on our way back home from Home Depot, when two HUGE pick-up trucks filled with mud-covered men turned in front of us onto FM 1105. Jody thought there had been a line break somewhere and I immediately assumed that they had all just been out mud-wrestling somewhere (since it is well know that on the seventh day ye shall mud wrassle). Well, we followed them for a while and they made a sudden stop into the bar ditches on either side of the road. I stopped like any concerned citizen would/should and rolled down my window to inquire as to what they were up to on a cloudy Sunday in March. Well, you've got three guesses and the first three do not count. They were out seining ponds! Yep, netting catfish off the bottom of stock tanks all around the area, and they could not have been happier about it. I guess for the Lutherans it is 'on the seventh day ye shall seine the ponds. Whatever... I doubt most of you have ever seen this many muddy guys having this much fun before. It was a first for me, too.

I cannot blame you if you were to think that after that the rest of the day would be a downhill slide, but au contraire mon ami, not at all. Jody and I had been into town to get some garden soil for the raised garden, and we got some tomato plants and some squash plants and a single green pepper plant. The rest of the raised garden will probably be seeded, since we cannot find the actual starter plants for what we want. We got that stuff done, and Jody was busy with making lunch for our friends that were coming out.

Lunch was wonderful, turkey enchiladas and one of our friends (Chad) brought strawberry shortcake for dessert. Yummy cubed! We then went out and fed the cattle, and all were delighted to see the bull calf. All is well on the cattle front.

I was still setting a couple clocks today, and I have still not set the clocks in the cars yet. This daylight savings time stuff has got me out of whack for a couple days. It is supposed to be almost dark right now, but the sun is still up. I do not like waking up in the dark, I would prefer it to be a little bit lighter. I will get used to it in a couple days.

So, for your good deed for the day, why don't you call someone and see if they would like to take a nice walk around the block. We all need to get out more, and get a little bit of exercise, and you never know who you might meet along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment