Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day Seventy Six...

Okay, I have to tell you, this laryngitis gig is crazy. I have just a very moderate sore throat caused, I am assuming, by the post-nasal drip thing I have been experiencing for the past week. But occasionally I really cannot speak above a whisper. And I still have six more hours of classroom instruction to finish today, and it kind of gets in the way of trying to conduct business, like speaking on the phone, especially if you are trying to return calls to people you have never spoken to in the past. "Hi this is Bill Evans, a real estate Broker in Austin, and I am returning your phone call, but I am whispering because everything I am about to tell you is a secret." I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday, Lynda, who said she battled this for several weeks last fall, and ended up with scarring on her vocal chords. After today, I am not scheduled to teach any other classes until April 1st, so we will see how everything goes. Two weeks should be plenty of time to recover.

Today is St. Patrick's Day, and I think that is very fitting that I wear green today since I am teaching about Green Real Estate. I think this is the first time in my life I have ever consciously worn green for the occasion, and we will see how that all turns out. I wonder if they are planning to turn the Chicago River green today as they usually do, considering all the financial restraints everyone is experiencing. Green is the color of money, too.

This is a photo of the class I had for the last two days at the Board of REALTORS. It was easier for me to just ask them to turn around than it would have been to get photo releases and permissions from them all giving me the okay to put their photos on the site. Plus I think this backwards photo is pretty cool. Class was good, but my voice was not. It was very difficult to conduct the class with no voice and having to carry a microphone with me everywhere...I could not use the lavaliere microphone because I needed the amplification right up by my mouth. I was thinking about doing a Beyonce imitation, but then I decided it would be more like Tina Turner...I am old!

Anyway, that class is over, and it all went well. I left the class while they were taking the test and went to see my Doctor. I have the best Doctor in the world, and I called and they said to come on in, they would get me in to see him. When I got there, he was reading a local physicians magazine, and he quoted the magazine article that it was reported in 2008 that five people in the United States died from flatulence, and there was lots of speculation about how that could happen. We ultimately decided that that was just another hazard as a result of smoking in bed!

Okay, that is it for this one, I am going to go take some prescription drugs and pretty much call it a night after dinner. I have two closings tomorrow, so I have to be well enough to go make some money.

Go do something nice for yourself, and remember it is okay to do it, I have given you permission to treat yourself nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment