Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day Sixty Nine...

Well, so far, so good. The day has certainly gotten off to a leisurely start. I have been up for a couple hours, and had coffee and read the paper. Soon I will toast a couple bagels, and get ready for the day. I am waiting for the gardener guy to get here and give me a bid for getting all the landscaping ready for spring. Hopefully this can be done a couple times a year, and then the in between maintenance will be something we can handle ourselves. That is the plan anyway. It was about 66 degrees when I rolled out of bed, and it is hard to believe that it will cool off tomorrow with lows in the 30's. Hopefully that will be the last cold blast of the season, and that we will have a couple weeks (at least) of moderate temperatures before we hit the 100 degree mark.

I have a pretty light day in the office today, although I do have some listings to catch up on, and I need to try and finish my preparation for my classes next week. I am comfortable with the progress I have made so far, and all should be good. It is always a little bit concerning the first time I teach a class. I never know how to structure the break schedules, and the course timing is always something I am concerned about. If anything, I generally tend to cover too much instruction too quickly, and I need to try to pace the class more. There will be a lot of lecture in these classes, and that needs to be tempered with some activities for the attendees. Nothing worse than some big goof lecturing for 8 hours a day.

I have also been appointed as a 'receiver' for a property in probate, and I need to get that property listed today. I have been trying to reach a friend of mine that is a real estate attorney because I have a couple procedural questions, but so far we have not been able to connect at the same time. AND, I have another contract that is in the works and the Seller's and I have to work out some details on a repair amendment that was submitted yesterday. All-in-all a pretty workable day ahead.

So far the gardeners have done a really good job, and I expect they will be here for a few more days...there is a LOT of stuff to do, but it will all be really well worth it in the long-term. They were here right at 8 AM and already working before I even went outside. They have a long list, and I am very happy with that decision. Everything will be very nice, and Jody and I will be able to enjoy the property without killing ourselves with a lot of that work. Very happy about that indeed.

I got a navigation update for my car on the way into the office this morning, I had ordered it last week at the 60K mile service. Not sure about how updated it is so far, but time will tell on that one. Life is really good right now, and I am happy to remember on a daily basis what a lucky person I am. It was a very good day at work today, and I got a lot of work accomplished. Still making really good progress preparing for my green classes to be done next week, and I really feel good about that.

Since we are expecting rain (possibly even beginning tonight) I am going to feed the cattle tonight after dinner. I kind of forgot about daylight savings time, and the fact that it really won't be dark now until about 8 PM. Plenty of time to feed cattle before dark. All is good.

So, if you get a chance, you might want to do something nice for someone today or tomorrow. And that someone could be you. It's okay, be nice to yourself, it won't hurt. Since the market went up over 400 points today, maybe that is the beginning of more good things to happen for us all. Be nice to yourself, you deserve it. It will all be fine, and you can be happy about treating yourself to something nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment