Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day Eighty Four...

The Irises are beginning to bloom in earnest all around the property, and we are surprised every day by the different colors of them. They are everywhere, and every time we look at a different part of the property, we see things we had not seen before. Unfortunately, the sellers of the property asked us if they could 'thin' the Irises, and we agreed. Unfortunately, we really think they took advantage of that situation and I would say they 'pillaged' rather than 'thinned' the plants. It will have to be okay, and I hope they are happy with themselves. As for us and the remaining plants, they will continue to thrive here, and will fill in and all will be well.

It is just a bit cooler this morning, just about 58 degrees when I woke up, but the humidity is much lower than it had been, so it is a nice (dark) crisp morning. I do not have a really hectic schedule this morning, and just one meeting in the afternoon. I will be able to get a lot of work accomplished in the office, and maybe even get the second Power Point finished (or at least started). I keep forgetting that I have to take an on-line defensive driving course, too, but I think I have until sometime in May to get that finished. The key to all this is scheduling!

When I finish my classes next Wednesday, I will then begin the task of getting everything ready to present my income tax information to the CPA. Then after that is done, I will take the defensive driving class. One thing at a time, mixed in with all the daily stuff, that is the way I can get everything done.

I actually started my next Power Point presentation AND signed up for my on-line defensive driving course. Multi-tasking, that is my motto. Had a lunch meeting at the Board, too, and still got some work done in the office. My partner Carrie buzzed me about 410 and said there were storms heading our way, so I left for home. Ran into some really heavy rain on the way, but no hail or strong winds. I heard later that there was some really bad hail on I-35 and lots of broken windows and beaten cars all along the way. I am lucky Carrie called me when she did.

We went to the new Denny's in Jarrell for dinner, not too bad, but next time I will be having something off their breakfast menu. They also have senior menus for folks over 55, but I just could not do that...even though I thought about it for a long time. Probably next time...that will be the first time I have ever had a senior discount for anything...oh well, the fact is, I am not getting any younger, even though most of the time I do not really feel THAT old. Hmmm...

We saw THREE (count-'em) THREE different rainbows on the way from Denny's to the house. Beautiful! So, on your quest to do a good deed today, I suggest that you go find a rainbow, and make it a gift to someone you care about, or even a perfect stranger. Okay, just an ordinary imperfect stranger will do, too. Just give someone a rainbow, and see what a difference it will make. Go ahead, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment