Monday, March 30, 2009

Day Eighty Nine...

Today's' trip into the city was a good one...if you consider a traffic jam the size of Manhattan caused by a five alarm fire at a Korean All-You-Can-Eat restaurant, sandwiched between a Corvette dealer and an apartment complex (I think) to be an ordinary occurrence. I had expected a somewhat stress free trip to the Board, and since I had ten less miles to travel, I felt that I could leave the house a little bit later than usual. Oh well, so much for my thinking. Anyway, all the flashing lights were really pretty, and no one was hurt in the fire, so I guess that is something to be happy about.

I forgot to mention that all the cattle were happy to be fed yesterday, and they are all happy in the other pasture, where there has been so fresh green grass for them to munch on. Hopefully, we will get some more rain now, and the pasture I just moved them from will get a good bit of growth before I move them back. I have them on a three week rotation, so I hope that is a benefit to both the cattle and the pastures. Mimmie Moonbeam and her (yet unnamed heifer calf) are adjusting nicely, and everyone seems to be happy. Particularly Mr. Speckles, Lord of all the harem. Have you ever seen a bull snicker? I think I have. The photo is of Mimmie and her calf, so if you have any good names you want to throw out there, just let me know.

After the hearing at the Board today, I made it to the office at just about High Noon, and I got a lot of work done. This is the time of the month when all the rents start coming in, along with the maintenance requests, so we all stay pretty busy, and I am putting the finishing touches on the classes that I wrote and will debut on Wednesday. There are about thirty students signed up for each of the classes, and I think that is pretty darn good. Keep your fingers crossed for me, that they will be well received classes.

The ride home was uneventful, although most of the drive was taken up with returning telephone calls and taking new ones. It took me about 25 minutes to go about 5 miles on the Interstate, but after that, things moved along pretty well. No real problems that I can remember.

Jody made meatloaf for dinner, and it was yummy good. You can probably figure out by now that I think Jody is about the best darn cook around. Even if he buys something ready-made, it is the extra stuff that he adds to the dinners (and the love) that make them all even more special. I am truly a lucky person.

So, go make someone else feel extra-special, and see how it makes you feel! You will like it, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment