Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day Eighty...

All is well in the pastures of paradise. I went back this morning, and all are grazing happily. It seems that Mr. Speckles is paying attention to his newest member of the harem Mimmie Moonbeam. It is getting easier for me to remember the name Mimmie, and I am getting to where I kind of like the name. It is flowing off the tongue much easier after all the goings on of yesterday. The little bull calf is actually hanging out with Mimmie and her heifer calf, and Orchid is taking a break. Speckles was quite affectionate this morning, I guess he is happy to be where he is, Lord of his Domain, Master of (most) All He Sees. One Big Happy...

Jody and I are heading out to Taylor this morning, planning stops at the Taylor Feed Store, Walmart and Tractor Supply. The stop at the feed store is pretty self-explanatory, and we are going to buy some stuff at Walmart for the pool area, I am thinking we need a couple chaise loungy kind of things in case anyone wants to relax BY the pool and not necessarily IN the pool. At Tractor Supply, I am going to get ANOTHER trough, since we added two more mouths to feed yesterday. I think we now have the possibility of three more calfs this year, and if we have another bull calf, I am going to make it a gift to the folks that helped us out here yesterday. The photo today is of the very lovely Mimmie and her calf, Mimmie is just a little bit thinner than her new friends, but I am sure she will fatten up in no time at all. We hope she is "with calf" but we shall see what happens on that front.

Well,today has truly been a wonderful day. We went for a ride in the afternoon, and coped out one of the wind energy wind mills that is not far from our house. They are really cool, and it was neat to see the meter from the power company registering a negative use of energy. The meter was not actually spinning backwards, because it is a digital meter, but it was registering negative energy use. I am really interested in that, since it is relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of photo-voltaic cells for this property. I think there is gonna be some wind energy happening at the Evans-Rudd casa before too long. I hope this is not just something else that is not worth the time and/or effort. We shall see...

We have spent a good bit of time sitting out by the pool this afternoon and evening, and I got in up to my thighs. It is still pretty cold, but it is warming up nicely. I think I may take the plunge tomorrow afternoon after chores. I have a list of things I want to accomplish tomorrow, so I am expecting another great day in the country. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Have a great day yourself, and try to do something nice for someone, you will be glad you did, and it will make the earth a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment