Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day Seventy Eight...

Okay, this was another easy drive day into Austin. No issues at all, and I even went to two different banks before I got to my class at the Board. AND I was there in plenty of time. The class today at the Board was about time management, and it went well, but the attendees are basically all Directors of the Board and other kind of pro-active types, and so none of us are used to sitting in rooms all day long in classes. We are doing the best we can to remain attentive, even though we are have things we need to be doing.

I had several voice-mails and e-mails throughout the day, and pretty well managed to get everything answered during breaks or in the car on the way home, so I am pretty caught up with things that happened throughout the day today...I just got a call from another Jody friend of ours (the Jody we buy cattle from, and who give us invaluable advice on all things bovine) and he is going to come to Bartlett in the morning and take all the cattle to the Vet in Bastrop for their annual shots and things. That will be an adventure to say the least! Stay tuned for photos of that in tomorrows post, and maybe there will be some good blood and bruise photos too! What can I say???

We are heading out to the Catfish Cabin for dinner again tonight, so that is a good thing. We both like catfish, and the restaurant in Georgetown proved to be a good one last week when we were there. I will give you a better report later tonight when we get back. Stay tuned... Okay, I am back... Well, because I am sometimes directionally challenged, we ended up at Fish City Grill instead of Catfish Cabin, which shall be interpreted as no slap in the face to Catfish Cabin. We were driving down Highway 29 in Georgetown, and finally Jody said 'are we on the right road' and I said, 'well, duh, yes of course' and well, you know the rest. At least we figured that out before we were in Burnet or Andice or Florence! Anyway the dinners were very good. Jody had the fish tacos and had the combo plate, fried catfish, fried shrimp and fried oysters. Hold the cholesterol, thank you very much.

AND, there was a little carnival set up in the parking lot, complete with a ferris wheel, a zipper, kind of a tilt-a-whirl kind of thing, and a couple other rides, most of which are intended to make you puke and then go back for more. Lots of kids, lots of stuff, and I am sure there was a midway of sorts, even though I did not see one. There were plenty of concession stands, too. I have never seen a carnival set up in that kind of 'first rate' shopping center before, but I guess it is another statement of the signs of the times. There WAS a Quizno's sub shop in the center until recently, but it is closed, the sign is gone, but the equipment is still inside, visible from the street. We will all recover from this and be stronger than ever, you just wait and see.

And on the way home, I called the other Jody (that is coming to take the cattle to the Vet tomorrow) to ask him to give me a call when he gets to Taylor. No need to have the cattle in the barn cooped up for longer than they need to be. Again, I am not too sure how that is going to go, but I am sure it will all be fine.

So, now I think you should all go and practice your time management. It will be good for you, and remember, you do not need to give yourself permission to do everything, just the fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment