Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day Sixty Two...

Signs of spring are all around us here in central Texas. These Iris were taken from one of the gardens this past weekend...the winds were so strong we were afraid they would just be battered and spoiled, so we cut them and brought them into the house. They were really tight buds when we cut them, and they have opened beautifully as the harbingers of spring. We enjoy lots of wildlife around here, cardinals, rabbits, of course the cattle and coyotes, along with wild turkey, some deer (but not too close to us) the occasional skunk and more. We are looking forward to our first spring and summer at this farm, and will be documenting the adventures along the way. Stay tuned...

Headed out this morning to the Board, where I will preside over a Professional Standards hearing. These hearings never go as you expect they will, and it is always interesting to be a witness to the ins-and-outs of the testimonies given by the complainants and the respondents. Anything can happen! The good news is, again, this cuts another ten miles off my early morning commute in, so I have the luxury of hanging out at the house a little bit longer. Yippee!

ATTENTION!!! 3-3-9 is square root day. I think that happens about five or six times every century. The next one will be 4-4-16, and then after that...well, figure it out yourself, I have a headache!

Life in the office was crazy today. An agent kept calling me (I kid you not, no less than a dozen times) and said MY phone had a short in it because the calls kept getting dropped, even though some of the calls were from my land line) and MY FAX machine was not working correctly (we have two and have been getting faxes before and after her attempts) and MY E-MAIL is not working correctly because she is trying to scan something to me and it is still not working. All that after she said our office was not in a convenient location for her to come and drop off an application for one of our lease properties. I am feeling the need for a good deed welling up inside me.

OKAY, NEWS FLASH...Orchid has delivered her bull calf. At least I am pretty sure it is a bull calf. We will know 100% for sure in a couple days, as soon as Orchid gets just a little bit less protective of him/her/it. But, he is beautiful, and was already up and walking around, if not really that sure of himself. He is still a little bit shaky, and everything is very new and exciting. Have not seen him nurse yet, but Orchid is being a good mom, and they both look to be doing very well. Unfortunately, you will all be inundated with stories and photos of the new one for days to come. I hope you enjoy.

So, I do recommend that you go have a cow, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment