Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day Eighty Five...

Well from what I can tell, we here north of Austin were pretty lucky with the storms last night. It seems Austin is becoming a little Dallas as far as hail damage to vehicles is concerned. Hail damage to cars and property used to be a pretty common occurrence in Dallas, but I have not heard much about that any more. BUT in the last couple years, there have been several instances of hail damage to cars and property in the Austin area. I made it home before anything big happened on the Interstate, but after I was home, I heard on the radio that there was a lot of damage on I-35 and lots of storm related issues all around Austin. This photo is one I snagged off FaceBook, and it was taken by my friend Blake M (Photo credit to Blake M). It looks almost like a winter scene, but that was the evidence of the hail that fell in Austin yesterday between 5PM and 6PM. WOW.

I would like to give a special 'shout-out' to JenPB who left a nice comment about this web diary the other day. I have never met this fine woman, but it seems she somehow found the diary and like a couple things that she saw, and she decided to let me know. I sit here and make these entries, and I really never know if anyone 'out-there' is paying any attention, and I guess it really does not matter because I enjoy (and need) the exercise. But it is nice to know every now and then that someone has found something good from these entries. You can follow JenPB (if you would like to) at http://www.bestfamilyadventures.com.

A foggy ride into the office this morning, but the afternoon turned out to be glorious! Meals-on-Wheels was fun, back to it after being ill and otherwise occupied for a couple weeks. It is a pleasure to bring food to these folks once a week. As I said the afternoon has been absolutely wonderfully sunny and bright, and beautiful spring day. The weather forecast says there is a possibility of the overnight temperatures (Saturday to Sunday) being at the freezing mark. Seems hard to imagine, but while it is 80 degrees here right now, it is snowing and 17 degrees in Denver.

So, the cows have been fed this afternoon, and all is well with the world. I did not even get muddy doing it. SO, be a peach, and go do something nice for someone. It doesn't need to be anything big, just go do something. Strangers are sometimes most appreciative of a small unexpected good deed. It does a body good!

No comments:

Post a Comment