Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day Sixty Four...

Well, more and more signs of spring are being seen all over town. This is a photo of a mountain laurel bush in the front yard of one of my meals-on-wheels clients. I love these bushes (trees sometimes). I can remember when I first moved to Austin, I was walking door-to-door for a political campaign, and I had never seen these trees before, and they smell just like grape bubble gum. Every one I passed, I had to stop and smell it. It was great, but then I discovered that I had sucked so much pollen into my sinuses I was sick for a week. But, I still stop and smell them every chance I get, with no regrets. It will not be long before we are in the throes of summer, gasping for breath and a cool glass of pink lemonade. We need to enjoy all this while we have the chance!

Today was a good day in the office, actually getting lots of stuff done, and cleaning off my desk to do some power-class-prep on Friday. That way I will not have to do it on the weekend, and I will still have plenty of time to get it all done next week. Also, I am going to be teaching an Ethics class and a Legal Update class on Monday, so I won't be able to prep on that day, but there is still time.

This entry feels like it will be a short and sweet one, but the day is too pretty for me to get into too much trouble. I suggest that you all go outside and enjoy the wonders of nature. It will do you good.

No comments:

Post a Comment