Friday, March 27, 2009

Day Eighty Six...

I left the house early today, because I needed to go by the office and then be back to the Board of REALTORS before a meeting started at 9AM. As I have said in the past, I always want to be early, so I thought I could get to the office and to the Board not later than 830AM. Well, that was a good plan, but I got stopped on I-35 earlier than I have ever been stopped in the past. I was not even to Georgetown, and there were TWO WRECKS, one on each side of the Interstate, within about 100 yards of each other. Traffic was really slow...I mean really slow, and all you could do was be patient. I heard later there were two fatalities in those wrecks...I do know that when I passed the debris on my side (the southbound side) there was what looked to be a white SUV on its' side, so there were some issues to be sure.

So, I decided to give up my quest to do all things, and to forget about going to the office, which relieved me of a substantial amount of stress. I got to the Board REALLY early, but I had time to sit and relax and get prepared for my portion of the presentation to the Grievance and Professional Standards Committees. It was all pretty good, and all-in-all I think all the presenters did a really good job, and hopefully the committees have some new information they can use this year.

I got to the office about 230PM (I think) and touched some of the papers on my desk, and got some other stuff done, and packed up and took off for home. I left the office at about 430PM and got home about 530PM or so...but not before I was just about home and noticed (you could not help but notice) that one of the neighbors cows had decided to make a run for it and they were headed into town. I had just the other day put all the neighbors phone numbers in my cell phone, so I called Hubert & Pauline and casually asked if they were missing any cattle. Well, that got some activity started, and I kind of blocked the cattle's journey and they came out and managed to herd them all beck into their pastures. I say and talked with Hubert & Pauline for a few minutes before I came on home, all having been taken care of on the loose livestock front.

I had not been home but just a few minutes when the doorbell rang. It was Pauline with a whole pan full of HOT fresh baked home made rolls. We are not that used to neighbors being neighborly, so we are still amazed by these gestures of neighborliness. We like it a lot, though, don't get me wrong, we are just not used to it. We love living in the country.

So, go take someone a nice HOT fresh baked pan of rolls, even if they are store bought. It is the thought that counts, I can guarantee you of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment