Monday, March 16, 2009

DAY SEVENTY FIVE...

Well, I did not really sleep that well last night, because I keep coughing. I have been plagued with some sort of post-nasal drip for almost a week now, and I have been trying to make sure that it does not turn into something worse. I have been trying to get plenty of sleep, and trying to take a little better care of myself, and I just keep having this persistent cough, especially when I get a little bit too warm. At least I do not really feel bad, and in fact I feel pretty good, but it bothers me that I will be talking a lot today and tomorrow, and I fear that will aggravate it, and cause me some problems.

Two big thumbs-down on the Panda Express in Georgetown! The sign outside the place says "Gourmet Chinese Food", but we should have known better since they also have a drive-through lane. Oh well, some of the food was at least hot, but it was just not that great. We are still working our way through the restaurant offerings within a reasonable distance of our house (20 miles or so, one-way) and we still have plenty more to explore. In the meantime, we do not envision a return trip to the Panda Express anytime in the future. I think our next adventure will be to the new Denny's that just opened in Jarrell, you just cannot beat a good Patty Melt! I wonder do they serve a Patty Melt? We shall see...

Finally last night the sun came back out for the first time in several days, and the high temperatures are supposed to rise throughout the week this week. It should be much more temperate for us, and we are all delighted about that.

It should be an easy drive into the Board this morning, especially since I will be leaving really early. I always like being early, so I can make sure everything is working and the room is set up the way I like it. I am expecting about 65 students for the class, a good number to work with. My biggest fear is having someone that thinks they are the expert on the topic I am teaching, because I am NOT THE EXPERT. I can instruct the class, and instruct the information that I am supposed to, and make it really interesting, but there is so much more information about this topic that we cannot cover, it is just amazing. Just trying to keep control is sometimes a problem, but I really do not expect any problems. I will let you know how it goes.

Later the same day...the trip into town was uneventful, and quick. There was a lot of fog until I got into Georgetown, and then it was smooth sailing. The class went well, and all is good. I HAVE LARYNGITIS, but other than the fact that I cannot talk, I am ready for class tomorrow.

A beautiful day in Austin, temperatures in the low 80's, and Jody took advantage of our new solar dryer, and hung towels outside to dry. A good conservation of resources!

So, today you should consider your good deeds for tomorrow. Remember, tomorrow is St Patrick's day, so it should involve something GREEN. I am confident you you can think of something to do for someone that would be a help to them. Go ahead, give it your best shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment