Monday, March 2, 2009

Day Sixty One...

Even though it is cold outside, but nothing like the weather recently in the east, here is another little reminder that it is fixin' to be spring in central Texas. I am not sure what kind of tree this is, but I saw it yesterday afternoon as I was going back to the pasture. It is flowering with pretty little white blossoms, and I know what that means. Soon, we will be enjoying mild temperatures and then, before you know it, it will be HOT. But for now, we will just enjoy these temperate days, and lots of us will wish the weather could be like this all year 'round!

I am off to a really early start this morning, and it is going to be (probably) a really late day. I will leave the house about 6 AM and head into the office, and then I need to be at the Board by at least 8:30 AM. My program at the Board begins at 9 AM, and I expect I will need to go back to the office before I can go home tonight. UNLESS I can log into my computer remotely, and get things done from off-site, which will be really a joy. I am not sure if that will be possible though. I will keep you informed!

Back from a day at the Board! I got into the office in record time this morning, and got some stuff done in the office. It is the first of the month, and that is always a busy time, collecting rents, and fielding repair requests. It seems that tenants can never pay their rents without complaining about something. Okay, I realize that I am painting a large section of society with a very broad brush, but that is what it seems like. All is well, though. Today's section in the leadership training program dealt with team building, and that is always fin, since it always involves lots of group participation, and exercises in teams working together to achieve a common goal. It also means we did not have to sit in our chairs at our tables for eight hours, so that was a welcome thing.

Coming home was a pleasure also, since I was ten miles closer to home than when I am in the office. All is well at the house, the Queen Cat and the Princess Cat are both still alive, and the Queen Cat seems to be making some progress on the tolerance front. I am not really sure how it is all going to turn out, but I think the Queen Cat will at some point just ignore the Princess Cat, and that will be the end of that. That leaves the Bear Dog in the middle of the whole thing, trying to figure out exactly where it is he fits in to this picture. He seems a little bit more needy than usual, but who can blame him?

YUM! YUM! YUM! Can you say home-grown asparagus? Can you say home-grown anything? Well, we are having some home-grown asparagus with our catfish dinner tonight. Freshly cut from the bed just right outside the garage door. We did not plant it, it was there when we bought the house, but we are planning to take full advantage of it for years to come. I will let you know how it is some other time, but we expect it will be better than store bought. Fresh from the beds to the steamer, what could be better?

An interesting development in the crocheting department. For the first time, I have come across a skein of yarn that does not match with the one I am attaching it to. Same colors, same color lots, but they do not match. Just by looking at the two skeins side by side, you cannot see the difference, but now that I am blending them into one scarf, they are obviously different. The texture is different as well a the color. Oh well, since I am charging so much for these works of art, if someone does not like it because there is a color and texture variance, they do not have to pick that one! Picky, picky, picky!

Okay, so how are you doing in the good deeds department? Well, you can do better tomorrow. But for now, it would be great if you could call someone or an organization that helps others to see if they could use some help starting a vegetable garden. Money is like manure, you have to spread it around to help little things grow - Dolly Levi.

No comments:

Post a Comment