Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day Eighty Three...

I am awake way too early this morning, even though it is about my normal time for waking up and getting out of bed. I have been in the mood lately to sleep later, and I do not really think that is a bad thing. I think sleep is one of the most under-rated cure alls there is, and it is just the body's natural restorative. And there you have it. AND, it was 68 degrees when I woke up, but I guess it is spring, as of three or four days ago.

I fear Jody may be coming down with what I have been working through for the last couple weeks. He went to bed really early last night complaining of a sore throat and headache. Hopefully it is just allergies. Goodness knows we have been bombarded with winds from all directions lately, and who knows what those winds bring in to our area. All those pesky foreign allergens, wreaking havoc on the innocent!

I got lots of work done last night on the Power Point presentation for my classes next Wednesday (a week from tomorrow). It is progressing really nicely, and I have no issues that I will be up against a wall trying to get it all done minutes before class begins. I like to work myself up to delirium, not have it all sprung on me at once! Anyway, it is all going nicely, and I am even surprised at how good of a class it is turning out to be. I have really not even looked at the class since I submitted it for approval, but it is a good, fast paced and interesting class. Of course, if you are only signing up for the class because it is the only thing being offered and your license is expiring in three days, it might not be all that interesting. It is in large part dependent on the motivation for taking the class.

I have another closing scheduled for today, and this is another one that is coming down to the wire. The deal will close, I am not concerned about that, it just may not close today as scheduled, and we will need to get amendments signed, etc. Real estate deals are not as easy as they used to be. This deal in particular was one that the negotiations went on for a long time, and now the lender is not really ready with all the documentation. BUT, if they can get everything to the Title company this morning, we will be good for an afternoon close. We shall see...

All-in-all the day went very nicely. I pretty much finished up the Power Point presentation for one of the classes next week, and I have plenty of time to finish the other one. No issues there. I met with a client from California to do a quick walk-thru of his property, and then I was off to remove sign and lock box from the property that closed this afternoon. Then back to the office, and then home. Traffic on the way home was no problem, and Jody is feeling better, so that all makes for a good day.

We got about a quarter-inch of rain for the day, and there are indications that there could be more on the way for the next few days. I will feed the cattle on Wednesday or Thursday, and that will most likely be a muddy experience, but again, we will take the rain however we can get it.

I spoke with the wind energy people and we have an appointment for them to conduct a site survey on the first Saturday in April. That will be exciting, I would really like to have a couple wind turbines providing us with most of the electrical power that we consume. We have gotten to the point that I really do not think it is out of the question for us to have minimal dependence on the grid for our electrical needs. That would be really nice to know we could get most of our energy from the wind. I will let everyone know how that is progressing.

We are having chicken stuffed with cheese and bacon for dinner, not exactly cordon bleu but kind of close to it. And we are planning to go out for dinner tomorrow night. Fun.

So, how are you all doing on your good deeds? Mine are getting further and further apart, but I will make a renewed effort to be extra nice to people on a daily basis. So, it would really help me a lot if you would go be nice to someone, and tell them I sent you! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment