Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day Three Hundred Eight...

I was in a very informative meeting at the Board of REALTORS today, and I have to tell you I learned a lot of interesting things. It was about (breaking this down into the simplest terms) Association Governance...how to be effective in meetings, how not to waste time...how to focus on the goal, how to follow procedural issues, how to stay on task...how to ask the questions that need to be asked. It was very interesting to me that, not only did I learn a lot from that forum, for that forum, but it will indeed be a help in the running of my business. Don't sweat the small stuff...and remember...a LOT of it is small stuff. Keep your eye on the BIG PICTURE. AND, I even had my own official name plate for the meeting, how cool is that?

After the meeting, I was back to work. I visited one of our managed properties that is having some extensive work completed. The good news is, the issues were not as severe as they could have been. That is the trouble with renovations and major repairs...you get a bid for the work (what you can see) and then you have 'discovery'...the stuff you can't see. And the stuff you can't see can get pretty crazy some times. BUT, in this case, we are all happy with what was uncovered, and we can proceed with the repairs. No big problemo, amigo!

Back in the office, I did some 'speed real estate' and then headed home. I was surprised at how easy the trip home was, because I did leave a little later than usual, but there were no major delays. I had the chance to watch some of the evening news, checked on the pool (the new pool cover is working VERY NICELY), and checked on the cattle. All is well on all fronts.

Tomorrow is a little bit of a busy day...PM meeting in the morning, Meals-on-Wheels about mid-day, and then a property walk through at 1 o'clock with a buyer-client. That transaction is scheduled to close a week from tomorrow...the morning of the afternoon that I leave for San Diego. It will all work out just fine! No problemo, amigo!

I wonder if that will be my new phrase? I hope not.

I am almost finished with my latest book on CD...The Kite Runners, possibly a memoir of a man who grew up in Afghanistan and moved to the US in the late 80's or so. The narrator is the author, and I am not sure if it is auto-biographical or not. If it is, then I really do not care for the author very much. If it is not, then I really do not care for the main character. Not a very likable person, but I give credit for admitting all these things if it is indeed auto-biographical.

Kindness, deeds, thoughts, actions, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment