Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirty Three...

The day has been totally grey and cloudy and if we were somewhere further north, you would swear it would start snowing just any time. Today has been a really lazy and restful day. After breakfast this morning (my special egg loaf and raisin bread toast) we went out in the front yard for a while, just walking around and looking at what there is to see. Off about 50 yards from where we were, there was this Great Blue Heron, just hanging out. We miss the wildlife from the other farm (painted buntings, wood peckers, squirrels) but we have totally different wild life here in this area. We see lots of Herons around here, and they are not particularly skittish unless of course you try to see just how close you can get to them to get a better picture. And, about 20 yards is just about as close as you can get until they fly off. I will know that for next time.

Later in the morning, I decided to get cleaned up and go into Georgetown for a hair cut. Once I got cleaned up, I decided I did not really need a haircut, so Jody and I went into Salado instead. We are kind of scoping out restaurants to try, and are hoping to find a nice place for a nice dinner later in December. We had read a review in Texas Highways (I think) for a place called Adele's on Main, and we found it but it was not open today. Actually, Salado was DEAD CITY today, and I was really surprised that all the stores were not open. I mean, REALLY? I would have thought that Salado would have been a shoppers paradise today, just twenty-something days before Christmas, but it was not the case. DEAD CITY. We ended up having lunch at a little cafe in a courtyard, and it was very nice, and quiet and calm. We will still try to get into Salado later in December for dinner, so we will still be on the lookout for more establishments. Last year, we had dinner at the Stagecoach Inn, and it was nice, but it is not fun like it used to be (or maybe I am not as much fun as I used to be, whatever...). Anyway, we will try something new this year.

On the way home, it sprinkled on us, off-and-on, but nothing serious. We came through Holland and Bartlett, and in Bartlett we stopped at the Dollar General Store, I needed some dental floss! I am here to tell you, that place was a television sit-com waiting to happen. There is no way I could describe it to you in this post so it would be even somewhat amusing, you just needed to be there.

We watched Barefoot in the Park this afternoon, and now it is news time, and it is again threatening rain. It is supposed to rain tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night and Tuesday. We need rain in Austin over the watersheds, not here, not right now! Whatever...

This will be a busy week at the office...end of the month/first of the month issues, and I will be teaching classes on Tuesday, taking a class on Thursday and chairing an Ethics hearing on Friday. It is the end of the year...crunch time!

Deeds, Kindnesses, Changes, Actions, Whirled Peas and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment