Monday, November 9, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirteen...

Today was an excellent day...I was up WAY early (as I expected I would be) and headed into Austin and arrived at the Board of REALTORS about an hour before the start of my class. I do not like getting places just in the nick-of-time...I like time to settle in, chill out, make sure everything is working...I just do not like being hurried for things. Anyway, this is a great class, nineteen folks, nineteen folks again tomorrow and a few more a few less on Wednesday. I love this class topic, which is all about Green Building and full of information about green products, energy conservation, green practices...all the stuff that I have been working towards for the last several years. You know, we all tend to gravitate to people who share our beliefs and values, and these classes act (for me) as a re-affirmation that green principles are alive and well and THRIVING in Central Texas. There are two folks from my office in the class, along with another REALTOR that I have been familiar with since my beginnings in the Industry. The first photo in this post is of my office participants (Pat and Carrie) and a colleague that I have had the pleasure of dealing with for years, Tim. The photo below is of the class, my typical shot of their BACKS, since I cannot get releases and permissions from all of them to post their photo on this site. This is just easier, and it has become something I do with every class.

After the class today, I headed off to the office to do some WORK...some 'power real estate'. I had the advantage of checking and answering e-mails throughout the day, so I did not get too far behind in my work. AND it is especially helpful to have a couple of very competent and trusted assistants in our office, Tom and River. They are excellent in what they do and they keep the 'ship' afloat when we are not around. We are lucky that they are a BIG part of our team, and they let all of us go and do what we do best...face time with prospective and current clients. Did I mention to you lately how lucky I am? I don't think so, so this is a great time to do it. I AM THE LUCKIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD!

So, I am home now, and the commute was not a terrible one, even though I got kind of a late start. It will be that way the rest of the week, even though I have kind of a short week...I will be leaving for San Diego on Thursday afternoon for the National Association of REALTORS Convention. Last year was the first time I attended, and it was very well worth it. I think there is a tremendous value to all the conventions and conferences we have available to us; local, state and national. Well worth the effort and expense to attend.

I am hungry! I have done a pretty good job of cutting back on my intake of empty calories, and I can continue for another couple of weeks and maybe another month or two. BUT, the Holidays are approaching, and I have already ordered pies! I get the greatest pies from a non-profit group, and in the next day or so, I will post their web-site address so you can take a look (if you are in the Austin area). YUMMY!

Gonna make it a short evening, I will be up early again tomorrow, and I need all the rest I can get.

Remember...deeds, actions, thoughts, kindnesses, changes, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment