Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day Three Hundred Nineteen...

I'M HOME! Yippee! Okay, so I like going places, and I had a wonderful experience at the NAR Convention in San Diego, but I am really happy to be home. I miss my home when I am gone, and I miss Jody. BUT, no more travelling for me (for any length of time) until the end of January. So, I am a happy man right now. Okay, so you might think this is odd, especially since I spent most of the day crocheting. I got to the airport this morning and spend about an hour-and-a-half waiting for my plane to leave. I got a cup of coffee (since the Hotel restaurant had a 'few' people not show up for their shifts) and a Egg, Cheese and Sausage Bagel (which were both very good, at about a-third of the cost it would have been at the Hotel, and then went to the gate to await departure. I opened up my back pack and took out my crocheting, and started working. When they called my flight, I put it away, got on the plane and waited until we were taxiing away before I got it out and started again. I crocheted all the way to Austin, and just about used up the entire skein of yarn (244 yards). BUT, even though you all might think that was an odd thing to see, even more odd was the GROWN MAN CARRYING HIS PILLOW AROUND with him in the airport and on the plane. He sat in front of me on the plane. Okay, I could well be the pot calling the kettle black, but I think it is a lot more odd to see a grown man carrying around his security pillow that it is for someone to see me crocheting in a public place. I am most likely setting myself up for octo-criticism here, but there you go. Whatever... Anyway the photo for today's post is at the baggage claim at the Austin Airport, lots of giant sized guitars for the 'Live Music Capital of the World'.

So nice to be home. I got home, gave hugs all around to Jody and the dog (the cat is never that glad to see me), and then I changed my clothes and Jody and I went out and fed the cattle and put out a fresh bale of hay for them. Mr. Speckles was out there giving the neighbors bull a good 'talking to' but when he saw us with the feed he reluctantly abandoned his 'bull session' and came up and fed. They are all doing well, and seemed glad to have some 'kibble'. The weather for the next seven days does not predict any freezing weather, but that is not too far off, and next weekend I will need to spend some time insulating the stand pipes, and getting things around the farm ready to survive the infrequent freezes we will have. It will not be too difficult, but I am happier being safe and taking care of the pipes and water outlets around the place.

Jody is in the kitchen making dinner, and afterwards, I will most likely call it an early evening. We have several fresh tomatoes from our tomato plants, and they look really good. I have already unpacked my bags, and all I have to do is gather up stuff to take into the office tomorrow and get some stuff organized, and it will be pretty much like I was never gone.

Remember, if it is not too much trouble, see if you can't do something nice for someone who is not expecting it from you. A kind word or a thoughtful deed is really not that difficult, and it can really make a difference in someones day. There is a thread going around on FaceBook about, between now and Thanksgiving, try to verbalize what it is you are thankful for, and let every one know it. I AM THANKFUL FOR JODY AND OUR LIFE TOGETHER. Try to make some small change in your life that will make the world a better place for all of us. And...remember to Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment