Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day Three Hundred Twenty Three...

This is a photo of the cheese danish our neighbor Pauline brought to us last night. It was (and will continue to be until we finish it) absolutely delicious. Have I told you lately how much we truly enjoy living in the country? We are just happy as a couple of clams. On the way home from the office today, I was greeted by about four bales (not really sure, it was pretty dark) of fresh hay. Michael (our neighbor and Pauline and Hubert's Grandson) had cut a couple swipes through the pasture a couple weeks ago, but it was too wet and he did not want to tear up the coastal, so he just left it for a while. Well, it is supposed to rain again tomorrow, so I guess they decided they had better try and bale it while they had the chance, since we do not know when it will be dry again. Thus, the old 'make hay while the sun shines' adage.

I have had a lot of comments about my knee since my posts of the last couple days. Really folks, it is not as bad as it may sound. Remember, I have been putting up with this inconvenience for a couple years, and I just decided to take the plunge and see what was going on. Now, I am just going through all the bureaucratic stuff, and that is the most painful part. My knee is only painful when I walk...or sit...or sleep...or whatever. But it is not catastrophic pain. BUT I really appreciate all the nice comments and well wishes. If they decide to amputate or anything, I will let you know, and seek other opinions. As for now, I just gimp along for a little while...once I get moving, it is relatively okay. I really appreciate all the kind words and thoughts though, thanks!

My friend Dawn made a status update on her FaceBook page that she had left her cell phone at home, and she was hoping that all of her Meals-on-Wheels clients would be home. Well, today was Meals-on-Wheels for me, too, and one of my clients was not at home, so that is what I had for lunch. It was something like a breaded and baked fish patty, some spinach, macaroni and cheese, a piece of wheat bread, an apple, a packet of butter and a small serving of 1% milk...AND...a packet of ketchup. Now, I like ketchup with just about everything, but I am not sure everyone would appreciate ketchup with a fish patty...but it was good. Oh, and there was a nice apple, too. I also have some concerns that one of my clients is not in really great health...there was kind of a vigil going on at his home today, and the relatives told me he was 'very ill'. He also has a developmentally challenged grandson that he takes care of, so if anything bad happens, that will affect many lives. I really love delivering Meals-on-Wheels, it is a good thing to do, more people should try.

I had a conference call this afternoon, and that lasted about an hour, from 3 until 4 o'clock. I have another one tomorrow beginning at 2:30. Also, I have a Professional Standards hearing at the Board of REALTORS in the morning, and I am not sure how long that will last. I will be winding down as vice-chair of that committee, and I think I have about five more hearings to try and get completed between now and the end of the year.

If you are in the Austin area, please try to attend the Austin Empty Bowl project on Sunday, from 11AM until 3PM (I think). For details, go to www.austinemptybowl.org, and you can get all the information. I great charitable event, which benefits the Capital Area Food Bank. Try to make it!

Kindness, Deeds, Actions, Changes, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment