Monday, November 2, 2009

Day Three Hundred Six...

Today is Wurstbraten Sausage Supper Day! Is there anything better? Always the first Monday in November, and the folks at this particular Zion Lutheran Church in Walburg have this thing down to a science. Five or six lines of cars, place your order, pay your money, pull up, get your food, drive away. No one gets hurt, and all involved are happy. Last year was our first year for this tradition, and it was DEE-LICIOUS! I am really looking forward to it tonight, since I have started my weight-loss plan today. Oh, well...whatever! I will give you a full report later!

Okay, so I am home now, and the line stretched back probably a half to three-quarters of a mile from the Church, but it really only took about 15 minutes to make it through. There were Sheriff's and volunteers doing traffic control, then more volunteers directing cars into the shortest lines. There were lots of folks 'eating in' and so the pedestrian traffic was a little bit dicey at times. Then there were folks in each line taking orders and money, and more folks delivering the food to you. All-in-all it was really a pretty slick deal, and they have this down to a science. I wish they would do it (at least) four times a year instead of only once. Once is month is probably too much, but once every quarter would work for me.

Today has been a most-excellent day. It started out early, since we are all still on the old-time, and I got to the office at around 7 o'clock. Got a lot of stuff done, finishing up last month and starting out this month. Then it was off to the Board of REALTORS where we were sponsoring a morning break for one of the classes they were offering. Then I had an 11:30 appointment (where I was stood up) and then it was to the grocery store to buy myself a salad (it has only been one day, and I am yearning for the 'good old days' of the drive through at What-A-Burger). And then it was back to the office, where I have been accomplishing things hand-over-fist! A good day!

Otherwise, all is well that ends well. I am going to have my dinner now, and then I will chill out til it is time to go to bed. I am still not used to the time change, and I will be getting up WAY TOO EARLY in the morning. Ratz!

Kindness, good deeds, kind words, small changes, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment