Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day Three Hundred Twenty Eight...

Okay, so things might just be getting out of hand...just a little bit. This is a photo of the homemade candy that our neighbor's Irene and Randy brought us this evening. It looks like chocolate peanut clusters and chocolate pecans on a little piece of a cracker. I know one thing for sure, there is no real need for a name for anything that looks that good. We will 'dig in' after dinner tonight, and I will keep you informed. I know one thing for sure, Irene is a dynamite candy maker, as are most of the folks around here...she made us a big batch of fudge last year, and other chocolate candies, and they were all delicious. Woo-Hoo!

I got into the office really early today, that is what happens when you wake up from a sound sleep at 3 o'clock in the morning, and cannot go back to sleep. I got lots of stuff done in the home office, and the paper arrived about 4:15. Had coffee, some breakfast, and then settled in front of the television in the den and watched the morning news while I crocheted. Got ready to go to work, and I think I was in the car at 6:15 and made really good time getting to the office. I had a 9 o'clock appointment, so I ran an errand on the way to the appointment, and completed an errand on the way back to the office. I like to be able to coordinate trips to make good use of m time. An interesting note is that I was speaking with a friend of mine, Roy early this morning, and he said he had awakened at 3 o'clock also, and could not get back to sleep. Must be some phase of the moon or something.

I had a lunch 'date' with my good friend Bryan, and it was really great to sit and talk. Bryan listened with great interest about all my recent maladies, and all the new places that I have recently found hair growing, and those sort of things. I think he may have been taking notes; pay attention, this is what happens when you get old! Bryan kind of admitted to kind of - sort of being a germ-o-phobe, and that his big fear presently if to get the flu. He says he goes through a LOT of hand sanitizer! We have not had a chance to visit in a really long time. After lunch, we just sat in the restaurant and continued to play catch-up (not ketchup or catsup), and as we were leaving, I asked Bryan if he had time make one stop with me before going back to the office. He did, and so we headed off to the Austin Resource Center for the Homeless (ARCH), to pick up the pies I had ordered from the Texas Pie Kitchen. It is too late for Thanksgiving, but I highly recommend the Texas Pie Kitchen for your pie needs. Visit www.texaspiekitchen.com and place your order. DELICIOUS! Anyway the ARCH presents a different kind of reality, and neither Bryan or I were totally prepared for it. My friend Jen works there, and she is in charge of the pies, so she came down from her office to make the delivery. I told her she was a better person than I, and she complimented me and said she doubted it very much. Anyway, Bryan was really caught off guard, because many of the clients there did not seem to be the picture of health, so we grabbed the pies and made a hasty retreat. If you need to be brought back down to reality, I suggest you try volunteering for a day at the ARCH...you will be a better person after the experience.

Okay, so then we headed back to the office, and Bryan left, and we agreed to have lunch again next month. I was busy working away at my desk, and I had a call from the (I hope I have this correct) Education Committee Chair Person for the New Braunfels Board of REALTORS. We scheduled a teaching gig for me next June...three days of GREEN in New Braunfels. After that telephone call, I had another call from the Association Executive there in New Braunfels, and everything is confirmed. I am really happy about that, it will be a great experience, and I am really looking forward to it.

Okay, so now the afternoon was winding down, and it was time for me to head to the house. TRAFFIC WAS A NIGHTMARE! Everyone decided to leave for grandma's house a day early, and they did not tell me. Whatever...

Kindness, Deeds, Actions, Changes, FUN! And, I think we could throw in some volunteering too, while we are at it. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment