Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day Three Hundred Twenty One...

It was a busy day today...I made it to the office about 7:45 this morning, and just after 8 o'clock I was at Austin Radiological Association for x-rays of my left knee. I was back at the office before 9 (I made a stop to buy shoe laces, but the only had black, I still need to find brown), and worked on lots of stuff before heading out to Marie Calendar's for the NARPM Luncheon. I made it back to the office at about 1:30, and then at 1:50 I headed out to the eye doctor. It seems my prescription has not changed (in my old age it seems I have 'stabilized') and I am now wearing bi-focal contact lenses. I tried these several years ago, and they were not satisfactory. My optometrist said there had been good advances in them, so I am trying them again...but I am not happy and I do not think they will work. I am going to just get my regular contact lens prescription filled, and I will wear reading glasses for close up stuff. Not an issue.

I got the results back from the knee x-rays, it seems I have been diagnosed with 'minimal hypertrophic bone spurring off the patella'. Whatever...and I am not sure of the spelling. What that all means is, I have an appointment with an Orthopedist tomorrow morning at 8:20, and I expect they will begin treatment with a cortisone shot, and see if that will fix it...otherwise, I expect there will be some routine surgery to correct the issue. Two years is long enough to have to deal with this, so now I have made up my mind to get this fixed. I also went on the Internet and looked my diagnosis up, and it made references to anything from bone spurs under the knee cap to a dislocated knee cap (which makes more sense to me than a bone spur) to canine arthritis. Whatever...We shall see...

We are having our Property Management meeting tomorrow instead of Thursday, so that will just mean a little bit of schedule adjusting. No Worries.

Jody made beef stew for dinner tonight, so that smells yummy in the kitchen. We had the chance of a light freeze last night, but it did not happen. We have a better chance of a freeze tonight, but I am not too concerned about it. I think we will survive. We will not be below freezing for more than a couple hours, so I am not expecting anything catastrophic to happen. I guess I will know better tomorrow!

It is about time for dinner, so I will close this post for now. I will let you know what happens tomorrow, really not too concerned about it. Try to be kind, patient, helpful, considerate, changeable and FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment