Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirty...

Before and After...I'll bet you will have a hard time telling which is which. In case you still can't figure it out, the photo below is also a 'before and after'...after I finished my dinner but before the plate was put down for the dog. That after photo would probably have been a more genteel photo for this post. It seems we chose to indulge in a high carbohydrate dinner today...turkey, dressing, sweet baked potatoes, mixed vegetables, cranberries, rolls, gravy. Pie will be later, as will the scavenging of the turkey. It was a delicious dinner, and it has been a beautiful day here. We hope you have many things to be thankful for, and tht you count your blessings every day.

We got up sort of late, and the morning newspaper was huge, stuffed with every imaginable kind of sales advertisement you could think of. Nothing really struck me in the sales department, I truly do not need a thing. I will, however, be going out later today to Michael's (the hobby kind of store) to get some LED Christmas lights. They are on sale, buy one, get one half-price, AND you get 25% off your purchase today from 5 til 9. So, even though one of my goals for today was to NOT start the car, this is something I will do. You see, Jody and I have this huge artificial Christmas tree (how we ended up with it is another story) and we put it up (for the first time) out on the front porch this morning. It is a pre-lit tree, but many of the lights are not working on it, and I worked for a couple hours on it trying to get the lights to work, but I think it will be easier just to string new lights on it and be done with it. Hence, the trip into Georgetown later to get the lights...and they are LED lights, so that is even that much better.

Tomorrow morning, I need to go into Taylor to get some cattle feed, and make a stop at Tractor Supply. Then I will be spending the rest of the day (probably) at the house feeding cattle and taking a fresh bale of hay out to them. They were looking pretty good this morning when I went back there to check on them. All is well.

I think there is a football game tonight, and the Horns are meeting the Aggies in College Station. All the predictions are for a Longhorn victory, and I am never too sure about UT. I hate to get my hopes up too high, for fear of jinxing them. The game does not start until 7 PM, so I expect I will not know the outcome of the game until I go out for the newspaper tomorrow morning.

The last week of November in Central Texas, the high temperature today was in the low 70's, but it was chilly this morning, down in the 40's. Still no hard freezes predicted, and that is the way I like it. Callas are blooming, along with several varieties of lillies, Irises, petunias, pansies, and geraniums, to mention a few. It is really very pretty, and it was really quiet around here today.

Our friend Mike called from Florida earlier this afternoon, and they were all doing wonderfully well. He had just put the Turkey in the oven, so they should be sitting down for dinner right about now. He said they got about three inches of rain yesterday, and they really needed it. We are supposed to get rain here on Sunday, and we really DO NOT need it. We need to dry out for another couple weeks, and then gentle showers would be very much appreciated, thank you for asking!

Kindness, Deeds, Actions, Changes, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment