Friday, November 6, 2009

Day Three Hundred Ten...

Just so you know, I am boycotting unhappiness, strife, tension and mass murder. If you are looking for that, log-out and turn on the news. Pick a channel, any channel. They will have what you are looking for.

Our cooler weather and rain have brung (is that a word?) many of the flowering plants back to life. Okay, after some thought, I think the word 'brung' is not a word, and the actual word I should have used was 'brought', but I am not going to change it. Whatever... Outside the office window at the house, the cannas are a riot of color and beauty. Lots and lots of them. I went outside to take a photo, and there were also Irises blooming. Incredible. It is (again) like a second spring season, and that is perfectly okay with me. This photo is of some of the cannas around the property, and the one below is a real beauty of one of the Iris. The folks that lived here before us obviously had nothing better to do than to tend the gardens, which is NOT something we are that good at, but we are happy to reap the benefits of all their prior effort. The property is magnificent in the spring, and we are delighted with the displays this fall season.

For those of you with short-term memory issues, this is a photo of one of the Iris that are blooming all around the property. Exquisite. Today was a day of many small accomplishments. I am pretty well prepared for the classes I will be teaching the first three days of next week, and I have confirmed my flight on Thursday, and my e-mail in-box is (was) empty as of the time I left the office. I assume the e-mail-box have been assaulted several times since then, but I will do my best to keep it under control so I can stay pretty much caught up with it all before I leave on Thursday.

I will be in a class all day tomorrow, and I think it will be a good one, and it should give me some useful information for other classes I teach. I always try to take classes that can give me more (or different) information for the classes I teach. It is a class offered by the City of Austin called 'Green by Design' and it is coming at a great time, since I am teaching GREEN classes for three days next week.

Okay, this is a short post, but my tirades about happiness and beauty are obviously not as long as my tirades about the things I referenced in the first paragraph of this blog.

Kindness, Change, Deeds, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment