Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day Three Hundred Seven...

OKAY, I did my duty, and it was painless. DID YOU VOTE TODAY? The most difficult part was to review the eleven constitutional amendments on the ballot, and make your decision as to how to vote. Most of them were no brainers, but some of them took some thought. I am not sure how you could even consider voting against some of them...but there you have it. It takes all kinds, and I am not threatened by the fact that I do not share the views and opinions of EVERYONE, and EVERYONE does not have to agree with my values, views and/or opinions. That is what makes our country great...we can all agree or not...and if we don't all agree, we don't take to the streets and start killing our opponents. The nice thing about living in the country is that I can wait til the very last day to vote, and not have to wait in any line at all. For the last (I don't know how long) MANY elections, I have ALWAYS voted early, but this time it just slipped up on me, partly because now I cannot just go to any corner spot and vote. There are not nearly as many early voting places here in Williamson County, but a lot of the other joys of living in the country more than make up for that inconvenience. I got to vote at the Schwertner Community Center, just a little piece away from the house, and of course, I knew one of the poll judges (Hubert), and I can honestly say that, in twenty plus years of voting in Austin, I NEVER was acquainted with any of the poll workers. Whatever...

Today was a very nicely productive day...I am again working towards a deadline...I have a pretty long meeting scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday I have three or four short meetings, Friday I am relatively open, Saturday I am taking an all day class, Sunday I am open. Next week I am teaching three days, I have a closing AND I leave for San Diego on Thursday for the NAR Convention. I will return a week from Sunday, and I hope that life will be more calm from then on until sometime in 2010. Can you believe it, everyone is already making plans and scheduling things for 2010. Today, Carrie (my BP) and I started working on vision and mission statements for 2010, and how we want to grow our business for the next five years or so. It is always something!

I am hoping to have a nice calm evening at home, just me, Jody the cat and the dog. Peace and Tranquility. Then it will all start again tomorrow. Life is GREAT, don't get me wrong...just sometimes a little bit hectic!

Kindnesses, thoughts, words, deeds, changes, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment