Friday, November 20, 2009

Day Three Hundred Twenty Four...

Okay, I am temporarily back in the office. I had a Professional Standards Hearing at the Board of REALTORS this morning, and it was a very interesting case. I have always really enjoyed the things that I have learned by being on the Grievance Committee and the Professional Standards Committee, and I have learned how to be a better REALTOR by being on those committees. You learn (in pretty much everyday language) what to do to be a better agent to those that I serve.

I made it back to the office at about 1:30 this afternoon, and I had a telephone conference scheduled at 2:30, so I had just a few minutes to do some power-real-estate before the conference call. This was the second conference call in as many days, so I am hoping for a break from conference calls in the near future.

When I woke up this morning, it had rained a little bit at the house, I am thinking about an eighth of an inch of rain had fallen overnight. I made it to the Board of REALTORS and it rained on me most of the way. When I left the Board, it was raining pretty briskly, and again it has quit raining again as I write this. We REALLY need rain in certain parts of the area, but we DO NOT need more rain out at our house. We have had plenty, thank you very much...it would be nice if it would quit raining for about a month at our house, and then a nice moderate rain every week or so would be very much appreciated.

The very best part of my day today was when I pulled into the driveway at the house. I am truly a lucky person, and no matter how difficult or challenging the drive home is, I always know that I am headed to that tranquil place where Jody is. AND, that is pretty much enough for me!

NOW, traffic was somewhat entertaining on the trip home tonight. I began my campaign of intolerance a mere mile or so away from the office. People should determine which lane it is hey need o be in before they are forced to make a decision that is not of their choosing...instead of bullying their way into the lane that I am occupying (including the space that I am occupying in that lane). I sit and wait my turn like a good citizen, only to be practically pushed out of the way by someone (gender need not be divulged) ho is a poor time management person. We should all just leave a little earlier, and that way we will all be in less of a hurry.

AND it was raining pretty much all the way home tonight. When I got home, we had over an inch and a quarter in the gauge, so that means we have had over an inch of rain since I left this morning. Looks like I will need to call our hired men and tell them there will be no yard work this weekend...unless we have a BIG drying spell, which is unlikely, since there is a big green, yellow and red blob heading our way from San Antonio. Hopefully, the lakes will get some rain and rise significantly. We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Kindness, FUN...and don't forget the empty bowl project on Sunday.

www.austinemptybowl.org

No comments:

Post a Comment