Saturday, December 24, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Fifty Eight; Saturday...

I had the good sense to get out and feed the cattle and take them hay before the rain actually started in earnest this morning. Everyone was accounted for, and all happy that they were getting some yummy feed and fresh hay. As I was walking back to the house with my serious jacket, the rain started pelting on my hood, and I got inside without too much precipitation actually penetrating anything.

These grey, gloomy winter like days really remind me of when I was MUCH younger (fifty years ago maybe) when we were living in Michigan, and I would go out pheasant hunting with my dad and some of his friends. I still have his shot gun, but it is the look of the sky that takes me back more than anything else. Just the way it looks.

Although I do not AT ALL agree with many of their philosophies or their political (and discriminatory) professions, it is hard to beat an Oreo Cookie Milk Shake from Chick-Fil-A. So, instead of going in for a spoiler at Dairy Queen today, we headed into Georgetown for lunch and had chicken salad sandwiches, fries and shakes. Delicious, even though...well, you know...

When we got home it was time for naps. The girl cat has been making her presence known more frequently lately. We have lived here three years, and we were aware that she roamed and explored around the house at night when we were in bed. She used to catch mice somewhere in the house, and she thought it was just grand to present them to Jody in the dark of the night. So, when the opportunity came this afternoon to take this photo of her in front of the wood stove, I took it. And three or four others.

Our friend Mike from Florida called to wish us a Merry Christmas this afternoon, and for dinner tonight we had tamales courtesy of our friend Chris. We have been racking up goodies from a variety of sources and we are truly blessed and happy for all the wonderful friends in our lives.

Overall it was a nice quiet and relaxing day, and the same is expected for tomorrow. We will head out to visit Michael and Lynda tomorrow and enjoy dinner with them. A fine time will be had by all...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, KITTY CATS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment