Saturday, December 10, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Forty Four; Saturday...

Good day today, although it has been cloudy and overcast, with a wind from the north which makes it feel a LOT colder than it really is. It has been in the middle 50's, but it feels MUCH colder.

After breakfast and chores (not necessarily in that order) Jody and I went into Taylor to get cattle feed and I put gas in the truck. $86 worth of gas. That is really a lot of gas, especially when the price of gas is going down. A far cry from when I fill up the car every two or three weeks. Anyway...

We got feed and headed back home. Once we got there, I took feed out to the cattle and moved them to the west pasture. I also put out fresh salt and mineral blocks for them, and a fresh molasses tub. The newest little boy is a week old today, and he seems to be doing just fine. A true Sagittarian! He was out there running around and having a big time with his mama and the other cattle. Life is good.

After naps, Jody and I headed into Georgetown and a visit to the Dairy Queen. Just as we were pulling in, I had a call from an 800-number. The computer from one of my credit cards was calling, and wanted to ask me about 'suspicious activity' on my card. I pushed the proper buttons, and was connected to someone somewhere (I expect not on the contiguous 48 States) and was asked about recent purchases I had made. We went through a little bit of identity verification (not giving away too much on my part) and was told someone was using my credit card number at a Rite-Aid in South Carolina. Hard to do when I just used the card to buy gas this morning in Taylor, Texas. I guess that is what tipped them off, plus the fact that whoever it was did not actually have my card, just using the number. One purchase for a hundred dollars or so had been rejected, but another for a couple hundred dollars had been approved. Interesting how computers can spot questionable transactions. SO, that is now a dead credit card, and they will send another one in a couple days. Life goes on...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BAD GUYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment