Saturday, December 3, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Thirty Seven; Saturday...

What could be better for my birthday wish-for than rain? AND, rain we are getting. We have actually had a couple days of rain, and more on the way. The totals have not been particularly impressive (so far just about a half inch) but being soggy is a good thing here in the land of the parched.

Yep, today is my birthday, and it has been great. After the installation last night, I rose this morning (eyes kind of bloodshot) and went downstairs for breakfast, where I was joined by several of my colleagues and friends in the Hotel Dining Room. The facility at Lost Pines is very nice. That was the first time I had stayed there, but a really beautiful facility. It is difficult to imagine that the whole place was carved out of thousands of acres of scrub. The drive alone, from Highway 71 to the main part of the facility is a couple miles. Very impressive.

Jody and I did make it to Dairy Queen this afternoon, and we both enjoyed Hot Fudge Sundaes. My very best friend of all time (Mikey) called from Del Rey Beach, so that is always a treat. Who could ask for anything more?

I am a really lucky man!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ANOTHER TRIP AROUND THE SUN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment