Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Sixty; Monday...

Well, there are only five more days to go before this year is kaput! Tomorrow is a work day, and I am already looking forward to the next three day weekend. True that, but I am also looking forward to a fresh start in the new year. Who's with me?

Today was a really nice and calm day. Cloudy and overcast for the most part but I did go out and sweep leaves and chicken poop off the patios, and it looks great. Soggy leaves and soggy chicken poop are much easier to clean than the ordinary dry crispy kind of leaves and chicken poop. It gives the broom something to cling to!

We did go into Georgetown and have a spoiler )compliments of Keith the manager) and then we went to Beall's. I was hoping to find a couple pairs of slacks and maybe some shoes on sale. Could not find any slacks that interested me, did not bother to look at the shoes, and decided I did not want to go to Kohl's. We did make a stop at HEB to pick up a few things, and came on home.

I have been reading 'In Cold Blood' and it is a truly interesting book. I can see that Truman Capote was a successful writer, so I may try for 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' next.

I got five eggs from the girls today. Yes, I know, one of the girls is not a girl, but then again, I am not expecting to get any eggs from him either. I made a pile of eggs this morning for breakfast, and that was good. The blue/green eggs are expected to get larger as the girls get older, so we will see about that.

It has been a truly lazy Holiday, and that has been jut fine for the two of us. We shall see what this week brings and what the New Year has in store.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EGGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment