Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Fifty Seven; Friday...

I have felt like it was Friday for the last three or four days, so now that it actually IS Friday, it is kind of anti-climactic. Kind of. But I am very happy that it is Friday, and even happier that tomorrow is Saturday, which (I hope) means I can sleep in a while. Not that I will, but that I can if I want to. I will try.

I was in the office this morning about 7:30, and left about 11. Traffic was a dream on the way in, I do not think anyone worked today, at least our parking lot was deserted, except for our office, and closed 'officially' at noon. Independent contractors pretty much means you can come and go as you please, so I think Chris was in the office until after 4 this afternoon between appointments.

When I left the office, I had LOTS of errands to do. Chicken feed, bird seed, cinnamon rolls, pies, various electronics cables, wine, and various other goodies. I even made it to Georgetown twice, and did not stop for a spoiler. I am close to being back in training, so I let the spoiler slide today. There is always tomorrow. I do intend to go back into Georgetown for a little bit more shopping.

This is a picture of four of the new chickens. I am hesitant to keep referring to them as the 'new girls' because we have a sneaky suspicion that one of them is not a girl. We believe the black and white one (second from the right) is a cock. I heard some morning crowing last weekend, and there are no other chickens around us. AND that particular chicken is much bigger than the others. SO, I need a little more verification, but I suspect we have a cock in the chicken coop! Time will tell...

Tomorrow morning, depending on the rain (it has rained every other day this week, and supposed to start again late tonight) I want to pick up tree limbs that are down all around the property. I think Hubert may come and sow some wheat in the pastures next week, so I need to clean up one of the pastures, and all around the house there is tree limbs down. That will be a good thing to try and accomplish in the morning.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, A COCK IN THE COOP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment