Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Fifty One; Saturday...

Slept in a little bit this morning, but I am not sure by whose measure I am judging that. My own I guess. I did not get up until after 5, and the Boy Dog had not moved but maybe six inches overnight. We were both pretty worried about him, and I was relieved that he was still breathing this morning, but that was about all. Throughout the day he has made good progress, and he has taken some water, a little bit of food, and he has gone outside to pee. All positive signs, and he is making a good come back from whatever in the hell he ate that nearly killed him. We are hoping no one tried to poison him or anything else around here, but I am not thinking that is what it was. He just ate something that was very attractive to him (like he was gonna miss a meal) and t really made him sick.

I was teaching a class at the Board this morning, so I left about 7:30. That was the first time I left in the light in a long time, at least it seems that way. I have been leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark. CRAZY! This is a photo of the sunrise from my rear-view mirror this morning as I was on the way to the Board.

After the class, I met Jody in Georgetown. I got him an OnStar FMV (For My Vehicle) for Christmas, and it was installed today. Tomorrow we will have it activated. I like the things OnStar can do, and it is great. We now have it on three vehicles. My friend Bart swears by it after he was involved in a bad wreck a couple months ago in Dallas. It is truly a good service, I hope no one ever has to use it, but it is good to know it is there.

Tomorrow will be a day of feeding cattle and doing a few chores. We may go into Austin to do a little bit of shopping. Hubert is going to come over tomorrow afternoon as well, we are thinking of planting some wheat in the pastures to give the cattle something to graze on. There is really nothing green for them so anything will help I think. We shall see...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ONSTAR, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment