Thursday, October 4, 2012

2012 - Day 278/88 - Thursday...

I fear I have become a victim of 'Big City Syndrome'.  It is a curse.  Three years ago this month, Jody and I moved from the Inner-City to the country.  Traffic is always more crowded and congested when school is in session, I understand that.  The University of Texas (I started to mis-spell University just for a joke) is the has the second largest enrollment of any public college in the United States, and I am sure there will something done about THAT in short order.  BUT, I digress.  Traffic since the fall semester began has been noticeably worse.  On a consistent basis, it takes me an hour-and-a-half to commute from the house to the office.  I feel like the California sh*t theory has finally hit.  You know, politically speaking, California sh*t rolls downhill, and eventually makes its' way to Texas (Austin).  AND since a generous number of our new residents have journeyed here from far away and exotic places like Bakersfield (whatever), I can only assume that they brought their (my) theory along with them.

Whatever...

I did get to spend a good bit of time in the office today, and about three o'clock I headed out to the Board for a Volunteer Appreciation function.  It was a really nice event, and there were lots of deserving volunteers in attendance.  I especially like a party that allows me to carry-out, and I took full advantage of that.  Okay, well maybe they didn't let me, but I carried-out none-the-less.  Jody was happy with the haul.

I am totally looking forward to the weekend.  I will take it easy most of Saturday, but there will be work to get done on Sunday.  Two good things should also happen on Sunday; the cold front should have arrived by then, and Miguel is scheduled to come out and help get some things done.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BALLOONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment