Wednesday, October 31, 2012

2012 - Day 305/61 - Wednesday...

Happy Halloween everybody, I hope you don't get the beejeezus scared out of you.

I have a very vague recollection of the activities that caused me to lose sleep last night.  As many of you may know, I am not a really great sleeper, and I generally try to induce sleep with the help of a widely publicized and totally legal substance.  Politicians across this great country of ours have been known to 'sleep-walk' their ways to a new car purchase or visit houses of questionable repute and/or post compromising tweets or texts of themselves in varying states of sleepy-time attire for all the world to see, only to later claim that their Twitter account have been hacked.  Whatever...

Well, last night, it seems one of the smoke alarms in the house was in need of a new battery (they don't make batteries like they used to, Martha) and the boy dog cannot cope with the distant chirping of a needy smoke alarm.  The boy dog (I believe) actually has more issues than I do, but I digress.  At some point I was awakened and wandered around the house with a step-stool and a 9 volt battery trying to figure out where the alarm of questionable character was located.  It seems I climbed up the ladder, removed and replaced the offending battery, and returned to the warmth and comfort of my bed.

It is what I have been told anyway, there is no photographic documentation of the event, and as I said, I have only the slightest memory of the events.  It could have happened.

When I got home this afternoon, I saw someone cutting the pasture grass in the far back pasture, and I am glad to report that we are indeed getting a third cutting of hay this year.  The first cutting was very poor, the second cutting was pretty good, and I think this third cutting will be the best of the year.  I need to keep the fields fertilized to maintain the production.  I went out to take a photo for this entry, and even though I had expected that it was Hubert cutting, it was in reality Pauline.  Pauline loves to cut hay, and I think it would be interesting and rewarding to do myself.  I would most likely have to be very specific with the cutting, so it is probably left to someone other than myself.  Before it was over, Hubert joined her and they were both cutting hay.  It will need to dry for a while, then be raked and then baled.  I will let you know how many bales we get.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BATTERIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment